Music and Drama
Happy New Year!
Congratulations to all the children who took part in performances over the Christmas term, you were outstanding!
- This term Reception Children will contunie their journey into music by listening to music all about people and thinking about that they can hear and how the music makes us feel.
- Year 1 are learning all about different styles of music including blues and bhangra and will be learning to sing and play 'I am in the Groove' in a variety of styles.
- Year 2 begin exploring Rock music and learning to sing, play and perform 'I Wanna Play in a Band'.
- Year 3 will be preparing for their Easter Church Service learning songs and readings and learning the songs to support Year 4 in their Easter Production.
- Year 4 are going to be rehearsing for their Easter production 'Good News!'
- Year 5 are getting to grips with ballads and will be singing, playing and writing their own compositions to 'Make You Feel my Love'.
- Year 6 will be studying the music of Benjamin Britten whilst learning to sing and play 'A New Year Carol'.
This term is another exciting one in the Music and Drama department!
- Reception are learning all about FUNK music and will be singing and playing Big Bear Funk - including some funky dancing.
- Year 1 are exploring imagination through music and are learning to sing and play Your Imagination.
- Year 2 are looking at friendship in music and will be singing, playing and composing to The Friendship Song.
- Year 3 are finding out about the style indicators of disco music and learning to sing and play on their recorders Bringing Us Together.
- Year 4 are studying the music of The Beatles and learning to sing and play on recorders 'Blackbird'. They will also be composing an instrumental section to Blackbird using their recorders or glockenspiels.
- Year 5 and 6 are starting to learn the songs for their summer production Let Loose.
Keep checking back for updates on our progress this term.
Year 4 having been finding the pulse to 'Yellow Submarine' by The Beatles using percussion instruments.
Easter saw some fantastic Music and Drama.
Year 4 stunned us with their performance of Amazing Love, retelling the Easter Story. Year 3 delivered a wonderful Easter service at St. Edward's Church.
Year 1 and Year 5 started work on their compositions - yr 1 using glockenspiels and yr 5 using technology.
WOW! What an amazing Christmas we had in the music department where every child was involved in a performance. You were all fantastic and we were SO proud of you all.
We've got an exciting time planned:
- Nursery music starts again this term.
- Reception will start learning to play the glockenspiel.
- Year 1 will be learning the song 'In the Groove' and performing in different styles of music - Latin, Folk, Funk, Baroque and Bhangra.
- Year 2 are looking at the progression of Rock Music and will be learning to sing, play and perform, 'I Wanna Play in a Band'.
- Year 3 are going to be leading the Easter Service at St. Edward's Church and are starting to learn hymns and readings.
- Year 4 start rehearsing 'Amazing Love', their Easter Production.
- Years 5 and 6 are learning about ballads and will be singing, playing and performing 'Make You Feel my Love' in the style of Adele. They will also be composing their own instrumental section on the glockenspiel.
There will be regular updates on our progress with photos and videos, so check back soon!