Music and Drama
Welcome back to school!
The new Music Room is all ready to start our new term.
- Our new Reception Children will start their journey into music by listening to music all about the sea and thinking about that they can hear and how the music makes us feel.
- Year 1 are learning all about Hip Hop and will be learning to sing and play 'Hey You' our Hip Hop song.
- Year 2 are exploring South African music and learning to sing, play and perform 'Hands, Feet, Heart'.
- Year 3 will be starting to learn the recorder! Year 3 music lessons take place on Tuesday and children will need their recorders in school for their lessons. Children are welcome to take their instrument home to practise but must have it in school for their music lesson on Tuesday.
- Year 4 are looking at the music of Abba and will be learning to sing, play and perform 'Mamma Mia'.
- Year 5 are getting to grips with Rock music and will be rocking out to 'Livin on a Prayer'.
- Year 6 will be studying the music of The Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson whilst learning to sing and play 'I'll be there'.
This term is another exciting one in the Music and Drama department!
- Reception are learning all about FUNK music and will be singing and playing Big Bear Funk - including some funky dancing.
- Year 1 are exploring imagination through music and are learning to sing and play Your Imagination.
- Year 2 are looking at friendship in music and will be singing, playing and composing to The Friendship Song.
- Year 3 are finding out about the style indicators of disco music and learning to sing and play on their recorders Bringing Us Together.
- Year 4 are studying the music of The Beatles and learning to sing and play on recorders 'Blackbird'. They will also be composing an instrumental section to Blackbird using their recorders or glockenspiels.
- Year 5 and 6 are starting to learn the songs for their summer production Let Loose.
Keep checking back for updates on our progress this term.
Year 4 having been finding the pulse to 'Yellow Submarine' by The Beatles using percussion instruments.
Easter saw some fantastic Music and Drama.
Year 4 stunned us with their performance of Amazing Love, retelling the Easter Story. Year 3 delivered a wonderful Easter service at St. Edward's Church.
Year 1 and Year 5 started work on their compositions - yr 1 using glockenspiels and yr 5 using technology.
WOW! What an amazing Christmas we had in the music department where every child was involved in a performance. You were all fantastic and we were SO proud of you all.
We've got an exciting time planned:
- Nursery music starts again this term.
- Reception will start learning to play the glockenspiel.
- Year 1 will be learning the song 'In the Groove' and performing in different styles of music - Latin, Folk, Funk, Baroque and Bhangra.
- Year 2 are looking at the progression of Rock Music and will be learning to sing, play and perform, 'I Wanna Play in a Band'.
- Year 3 are going to be leading the Easter Service at St. Edward's Church and are starting to learn hymns and readings.
- Year 4 start rehearsing 'Amazing Love', their Easter Production.
- Years 5 and 6 are learning about ballads and will be singing, playing and performing 'Make You Feel my Love' in the style of Adele. They will also be composing their own instrumental section on the glockenspiel.
There will be regular updates on our progress with photos and videos, so check back soon!